Graham Technologies has an opening for a Proposal Writer in Largo, Maryland. We are looking for a candidate to assist in the development of proposal bids
What we're looking for
- Coordinate day-to-day proposal production activities, including scheduling proposal production plans and associated resources for final production.
- Support in the development of key proposal planning documents.
- Assist the Proposal Manager and Proposal Lead with writing section drafts.
- Leverage existing content from document repositories to develop proposal responses.
- Work with the proposal team to gather resumes, create organizational charts, and complete annex sections for proposals.
- Develop questions and interview SMEs to develop content.
- Develop annotated proposal outlines and provides guidance on suggested content.
- Develop graphics using a myriad of software packages.
- Lead and participate in various color reviews.
- Compile feedback/comments from color reviews into recovery drafts.
- Develop compliance and capabilities matrices.
- Develop proposal schedules, templates, and format proposal drafts (proposal editing/desktop publishing).
- Review RFPs and RFQs and develop informative summaries.
- Conduct in-depth reviews and quality control for proposal submissions.
- Ensure proposal content aligns with requirements of RFPs.
- Review the RFP for proposal production/documentation guidelines.
- Order any proposal supplies and lead proposal production efforts.
- Assist in the submission of final proposals for RFPs/RFQs/RFIs and Best and Final Offers.
- Manage/maintain the proposal content and graphics files and ensure the security and safekeeping of proprietary material within our document repositories.
- Support the development of Past Performance data in support of RFP and RFI responses.
- Serve as the liaison and coordinator for the creation of covers, spines, and graphics and formatting and editing of proposal documents.
- Respond to RFI and Source Sought notices.
- Research, prepare, and edit documents; format and proof submissions from multiple authors/reviewers for a consistent and professional response; decipher and eliminate redundant information.
- Serve as the scribe for working group sessions and major proposal meetings, recording topics, action items and responsibilities and getting the information distributed to the attendees in a timely manner following the session/meeting.
- Provide desktop publishing and formatting throughout the proposal process and is responsible for implementing proposal formats based on style guides (templates).
- Distribute RFP and associated materials and ensure that all updates, amendments, and modifications are communicated across the proposal development team.
- Prepare document comparisons.
- Develop and manage data calls to teaming partners and complete data calls on behalf of the company.
- Assist with the preparation of questions and other correspondence to the Government
- Participate in proposal meetings (i.e. kickoff, status, technical working group).
To land this position you must have working knowledge of the below skills:
- Ability to support a flex schedule with proposal team which requires occasional evening and weekend work. Must be adaptable and flexible with work schedule and assignments.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing, or English
- 5+ years of related experience writing proposals and participating in the proposal development process.
- Minimum 3 years of experience writing technical volumes in a variety of IT and management consulting solution areas
- Proven knowledge and experience with the Federal proposal process.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity and experience with the Shipley process
- Understanding of and proficiency in business, technical, and marketing writing techniques.
- Advanced in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher as well as SalesForce, Adobe, Dropbox).
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter with an aptitude for quickly learning and applying new skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work in a rapid development environment.
What you can expect from us
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.