Graham Technologies is hiring a SharePoint Developer in Lanham, MD . We are looking for a candidate to develop applications in alignment with customers guidelines and standards.
What we're looking for
- Work with our customer hosting SharePoint environment to ensure proper information security is applied in accordance to the information system security baseline and practices.
- Provide technical and administrative support of JPSS’ SharePoint farm to include design, architecture, availability, performance, monitoring and security. Recommend solutions for redundancy, high availability, and disaster recovery when creating the plan and system specifications for the SharePoint farm.
- Work with the application owner and key stakeholders across the program in order to capture application business needs, requirements, and provide project management support to execute application development once the government approves project.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain customized SharePoint applications within JPSS’ SharePoint farm. Common tasks include writing XSLT to customize pages and WebParts, designing forms, building workflows, writing code to enhance usability of the platform, connecting external data sources, and building full applications.
- Develop, configure, and maintain document libraries, lists, and site collections. Perform typical system administration (site creation, etc.) tasks and user training.
- Provide operational (IT-related) support and maintenance for the system infrastructure as well as application support for end users and administrators. Develop a maintenance and support plan for the SharePoint environment. The plan will follow Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practice standards for supporting the environment. Consideration for routine maintenance tasks such as keeping the system current with security releases, system upgrades, application enhancements as well as custom development will be included in the plan.
- Manage all critical components (including, but not limited to, IIS, database, and SharePoint server) of the SharePoint environment (staging and production) and maintain optimal operations levels.
- Ensure that important business critical functions as defined in the requirements are up and operational. Provide day-to-day project support for the Intranet and other internal applications as needed. Support internal users by troubleshooting and resolving issues reported through the service desk.
- Support and manage JPSS’ SharePoint zones and various web based applications used to support JPSS’ mission to include: monitoring each system to ensure optimal performance and uptime is maintained; performing daily backups and restoration processes as needed; applying information assurance updates and patches; reviewing existing programs and making refinements; granting appropriate access to end users.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation. Documentation shall include the installation and configuration of the system in its environment. The system must be documented well enough so as to be reinstalled and reconfigured to last-known good operating standards, should it become necessary to do so. Online documentation for training and support needs must be developed as well.
- Perform capacity and performance planning to ensure future ability to meet JPSS requirements.
To land this job you will have to be able to pass a background check and have the below skills:
- Bachelors Degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of Information technology professional work experience
- ITIL certification preferred
What you can expect from us
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.