Records Management Specialist
Graham Technologies is hiring a Records Management Specialist in Lanham, MD . We are looking for a candidate to ensure the compliance of the local Records Management Instructions with current Regulatory requirements including the National Archives and Records Administration policies and procedures.
What we're looking for
- Assist in implementing a Standard Operating Procedure for management of records to be placed electronically on designated JPSS systems.
- Work with the JPSS Records Liaison Officer, and other JPSS staff as necessary, in order to create and maintain a Records Library for active records and semi-active records not scheduled for disposition or archiving.
- Develop a Record Keeping system to monitor all records independent of the Media used.
- Provide conversion of existing paper records to approved electronic versions.
- Assess the need for the retention of paper records onsite verses sending paper records to the National Federal Records Center.
- Provide on-the-job training to Government JPSS employees.
- Follow the records schedule for the JPSS Office.
- Survey all past and current JPSS documentation and dispose of inactive records either by archiving or scanning.
- Survey all past and current JPSS senior officials e-mails and dispose of inactive records either by archiving or exporting using approved methods.
- Assist with the configuration and quality assurance of the Electronic Records Management System (ERMS) and overview of office internal electronic records keeping policies.
- Write a Disaster Recovery Plan based on customer guidance and recommend service contract for Records Disaster Recovery for electronic records.
- Coordinate with JPSS staff to review JPSS systems that house records to improve organization for records management documents, review retention schedules and automation workflows, and coordinate secure transfer of data including records management documents to and from sites with the support of JPSS staff.
To land this job you will have to be able to pass a background check and have the below skills:
- Bachelors Degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of professional experience and background in Records Management
- 2+ years of Disaster Recovery Plan experience
- NARA Certificate of Federal Records Management Training.
What you can expect from us
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
© 2015 Graham Technologies All Rights Reserved