Graham Technologies has an opening for a Computer Specialist for our client in Norfolk, VA.
What we're looking for
- Provide technical support necessary for all biweekly payroll data processing and software maintenance in support of Military Sealift Command (MSC), Civilian Mariners (CIVMAR) Payroll.
- Be able to lift loads of 25 pounds and go up at least one (1) flight of stairs.
- Manipulate and execute files for end user.
- Process payroll files, including, but not limited to, printing, backing up, and deleting files for the payroll systems; and saving files to appropriate media (i.e., Total Records and Information Management (TRIM), CD, zip disk).
- Process special, retroactive, end-of-quarter and annual payroll records.
- Provide support services to print reports and forms including, but not limited to, Leave and Earning Statements, and W2’s.
- Copy files from the MSC servers to the payroll servers for all File Transfer Protocol (FTP) processes.
- Download and process all input files to the HRMS system/FTP server.
- Provide technical support services transmitting and receiving data from ships and other activities via email and contingency methods to process into the HRMS system.
- Distribute and file reports.
- Perform verification of input and output data accuracy. Analyze and modify this data as required to correct errors.
- Interact with Financial Department (N08) personnel and IT Department (N6) personnel to ensure payroll completion deadlines are met.
- Perform analysis of all processing/operation errors and take corrective steps.
- Write Problem Reports/Change Requests (PR/CR) identifying problems or enhancements against production system and test instances.
- Ensure all data files on various media and reports are delivered to the appropriate office code in a timely manner.
- Track HRMS processing sheets for accuracy, documenting payroll operations job sequence and provide updates to Government rep. 16. Be knowledgeable in using master files for back- ups and restores.
- Provide oversight to HRMS interfaces, both incoming and outgoing. 18. Support payroll staff in technical and functional file problem resolutions.
- Analyze file problems for resolution in a timely manner. If not able to resolve at this level, contact maintenance support, identifying problem.
- Identify the correct helpdesk support for payroll problems. This will include Navy/Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) helpdesk, MSC Global Service Desk,
To land this position you must have working knowledge of the below skills:
What you can expect from us
- Secret Clearance
- Candidate must be able to one of the following certifications after 6 months of employment : CCNA-Security, Security+, SSCP, GICSP or GSEC
- Superlative verbal and written communication skills
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.