Graham Technologies has a temporary assignment for an Administrative Assistant for our client at Fort. Belvoir. We are looking for a candidate to provide administrative or clinical duties as requested or needed to ensure sustainment of normal clinic operations and ensure compliance with JC standards, to include, but not limited to, managing daily schedules, reviewing and dispositioning consults, monitoring appointment utilization and patient access to care, conducting mandatory clinical training, monitoring clinic supplies and equipment, ensuring enforcement of clinic SOPs and standards, conducting monthly peer review and conducting staff meetings.
What we're looking for
- Work in support of the Officer in Charge (OIC) or Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC).
- Will work independently with limited or no supervision
- Receive customers, visitors, telephone calls, Official Mail from Human Resources Command (HRC) and electronic mail (e-mail) to the National Guard/Reserve Cell Support Cell, answering questions and resolving issues or refer to appropriate staff daily, as required.
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence, type documents in final form in appropriate military format, ensuring correct grammar and spelling for government review and signature.
- Photocopy and shred documents as needed.
- File documents and memos in accordance with Department of the Army (DA) regulations, policies and guidance.
- Scan documents into PDF format, prepare PowerPoint presentations, and conduct literature searches as requested by government.
- Be familiar with and use the following Department of the Army databases as appropriate for “pull and push” of data: eMILPO (Electronic Military Personnel Office) IWS (Integrated Web Services) RCMS (Reserve Components Manpower System) MODS (Medical Operational Data System) iPERMS (Integrated Personnel Electronic Records Management System) GWOT (Global War on Terrorism) MMTS (Military Medical Tracking System) eCARDART (Command Army Reserve Data Access Retrieval Tool) AKO (Army Knowledge Online) myPAY (Defense finance and pay website) RLAS (Regional Level Application Software)
- Prepare, update, maintain and forward daily reports regarding status, strength, orders and other information of Warriors to higher echelons as appropriate.
- In-Process personnel and Out-Process personnel as required.
- Prepare, process, file and distribute Orders/Orders Extension for personnel pertaining to: Medical Retention Processing Orders Medical Retention Processing 2 Orders Medical Retention Processing – Extension Orders Active Duty Medical Extension Orders Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) to Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) Transfer Orders Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) Orders Released from Active Duty (REFRAD) Returned to Duty (RTD)/Fit for Duty (FFD) Retirements and Temporary Disabled Retirement List (TDRL) Transfer to Veteran’s Affairs Hospitals Sanctuary Orders Temporary Change of Station (TCS) and Temporary Duty (TDY) Orders
- Collaborate with higher commands such as Human Resources Command (HRC), Department of the Army (DA), Regional Command for processing of orders and other personnel actions for Warriors
- Have direct working relationships with all Military Personnel Officers (MILPOs)/State Surgeons/Health System Specialists and all U.S Army Reserve Major Commands (MACOMs) or their designated representatives for administrative actions and support the National Guard (NG/RC) Reserve Component Warriors.
- Coordinate with BDE, BN and RMC HQ to coordinate and arrange transportation for Wounded, Ill, and Injured Soldiers for RTD or FFD.
- Work with WRNMMC and Ft Belvoir Transition Processing Center (TRANSPROC) regarding preparation of DD Form 214/215, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, in support of Warriors who are REFRAD, Retired or on TDRL.
- Handle, distribute and file as appropriate all Official Mail from HRC designated to this office. Prepare and process outgoing Official Mail.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on administrative and personnel actions, medical administrative process and NG/RC Orders (Mobilization Orders, Medical Readiness Processing (MRP) Orders, and MRP2 orders, Active Duty Medical Extension (ADME) Orders, REFRAD Orders, and Active Duty Operational Support (ADOS) Orders.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Warrior Transition Unit Consolidated Guidance, Warrior Care Transition Program, Soldier and Leader Guide pertaining to Wounded, Ill, and Injured Soldiers and be familiar with the Personnel Policy Guidance (PPG) and all other applicable policies, guidance and regulations regarding NG/RC Warriors.
- Support the Commanders, Nurse Case Managers and other WTB staff on the administrative processing and procedures for Warriors in Transition. Prepare and disseminate the same information via pamphlets, PowerPoint presentations, lectures or other Audio Visual methods as necessary or appropriate.
- Update and maintain the NG/RC Support Cell Intranet Website with valid, current and appropriate information.
- Maintain and update electronic databases daily while utilizing Microsoft Excel or other database programs for status and information on in / out-processed and other appropriate / requested information.
- Receive customers, visitors, Official Mail from HRC, e-mails and telephone calls daily as required. Answer phones by second ring, and messages are clearly written and delivered timely. Respond to Official Mail and e-mail in a timely manner. Draft and prepare routine correspondence. Documents shall be typed in final form in appropriate military format daily.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- File documents and memos in accordance with Department of the Army (DA) regulations daily.
- Enter database entries within 2 working days of receipt of work.
- Use all applicable DA databases for “pull and push” of information. Forward applicable reports daily and on time to higher echelons.
- Conduct thorough in and out processing for Warriors.
- Prepare process, file and distribute all applicable Orders for Warriors using established formats and according to applicable regulations, policies and guidance.
- Establish contacts with appropriate members within the department to accomplish daily missions.
- Establish contacts with agencies for accomplishment of daily missions.
- Be the SME on the administrative process and procedures for Warrior’s by conducting thorough research and becoming familiar with all applicable policies, guidance and regulations.
- Have basic understanding on the creation, update and maintenance of Internet/Intranet Websites.
- Work with established Points of Contact (POC) for scheduling appropriate MWR activities for Wounded, Ill, Injured Soldiers.
- Participate in all mandatory training
To land this position you must have working knowledge of the below skills and have an active Secret Clearance.
- Prior military service or experience in equivalent fields.
- Knowledge of and experience with software packages to include, but not limited to Microsoft Office (Power Point, Microsoft Word, Excel) and current e-mail systems.
- Professional oral and written communication skills in all forms of communication.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Operate and troubleshoot office equipment to include photocopiers, fax machines, laser printers, computers and scanners, to include resolving paper jams, and changing toner.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility in short suspense’s and project turnaround.
What you can expect from us
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.