Graham Technologies has an opening for an Application Developer for our client in College Park, MD. We are looking for experienced Applications Developer with a back-end/ Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) focus to work on a new, high-profile, large scale application.
What we're looking for
- This candidate will work with a team of software developers to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system.
- Developing data ingestion/Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) systems and large scale, high performance repositories.
- Participating in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements.
- Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into application development tasks.
- Designing, developing and testing code for the demonstration capability with simulated data.
- Working with systems engineers and architects to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system.
- Use of Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques for software development.
- Development of technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management.
- Providing demonstrations and detailed walk through of repository/data ingestion features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working with rapid prototyping to refine requirements and design.
- Receiving and integrating data from commercial and sponsor and sponsor’s partners external data sources.
To land this position you must have an Active TS/SCI with a Full Scope Poly and working knowledge of the below skills:
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with data ingestion/Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) systems and large scale, high performance data repositories using tools such as Pentaho.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing and building interfaces from a large scale data repository to web browser-based User Interfaces for secure systems.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing applications using technologies including two or more of the following: Java, Java EE, software frameworks such as Spring Framework, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, GIT.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing applications using technologies including data base technologies such as MySQL.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with standard data exchange formats including Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Java Script Object Notation (JSON), to include experience with marshalling and unmarshalling XML to/from Java objects and experience with either XPath, XQuery, or Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing Java applications using secure transport-level communication via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing the persistence layer of an application utilizing Hibernate or Java Persistence API (JPA) based solution to connect to a database to persist and retrieve information.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience integrating shared services from other information technology service providers into the overall architecture to include writing programmatic client Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to interact with web service interfaces.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience participating in Agile software development teams using scrum.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing and testing enterprise scale, web-based applications in the sponsor or sponsor's partners environments is desired
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with existing data ingestion techniques/systems used by the sponsor or sponsor's partners is desired
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing enterprise applications hosted in a cloud environment is desired
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with development and deployment of applications that cross security domains is desired
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience deploying applications on other sponsor networks is desired
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the sponsor or sponsor partners’ policies, directives and standards is desired
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with data cataloging, pedigree and lineage is desired
What you can expect from us
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.