(GTech) is looking for a
Software Developer (Ruby) for our customer in Herndon, VA. to join our fast-growing team of over 70 members!
Graham Technologies is passionate about innovation and we want your help! We believe in each team member having a voice and sharing it to enable both individual and team success. The customer is looking for a Software Developer with working knowledge of Ruby. The Software Developer will support software development and product enhancements for an existing system that detects and removes malware during the data transfer process to ensure that malicious code is not loaded onto any of the sponsor’s networks. The software is written in Java and runs on a Java platform. Activities will be concentrated on all aspects of the product development life cycle that are consistent with creating, implementing, and supporting new features and product capabilities in secure data transfer applications and improving data processing methods, that ensure the highest level of information system security. The successful candidate will also perform the following tasks: analyze and study complex system requirements; design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse; translate detailed design into computer software; implement commercial packages; prepare required documentation (including both program-level and user-level documentation); enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency; provide technical guidance in the conveyance of software engineering techniques and use of automated support tools; create detailed flow charts, programs, and tests; coordinate with project manager, systems engineer, and software developers, to ensure code is implemented according to system specification; develop, in conjunction with functional users, system alternatives and solutions; and prepare test plans and test data for proposed systems.
We're excited about candidates who:
We're also excited about candidates who might have experience with the following:
- Active TS/SCI Full Scope Poly clearance
- Demonstrated experience performing software engineering activities to include: Requirements Analysis, Software Design, Software Development, Software Testing.
- Demonstrated experience debugging complex applications.
- Demonstrated experience in Object Oriented Design.
- Demonstrated experience programming in Java and Java Enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing XML.
- Demonstrated experience with Bash scripting.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team, developing packaged software solutions or customized applications.
- Demonstrated experience executing deliverables with high standards and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience developing customized applications, with a Linux baseline.
- Demonstrated experience creating test cases, test plans and test scripts for software applications.
- Demonstrated experience creating functional and technical design specifications for software development efforts.
- Demonstrated experience with integrated development environments such as IntelliJ and/or Eclipse IDE.
- Demonstrated experience building Java applications with ANT.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux server-side development and automation tasks (Kickstart, shell scripting), to build and configure software.
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems like Git and/or SVN.
- Demonstrated experience with issue tracking systems like JIRA and/or Mantis.
- Demonstrated experience with the Agile and/or Waterfall development methodology.
- Demonstrated experience adapting to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting oral and written communications skills
At GTech, we believe in treating every person the way we want to be treated – fairly
. Our compensation package ensures everyone at GTech is given equal pay for equal work — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or even negotiation skills!
Most IT companies can probably offer many of the same services, but what sets us apart from the others, is truly our people
! We care about our employees
and show it often with sincere appreciation and acknowledgement of not only final work products, but the little steps taken along the way! In addition, our generous benefits package helps support our team members to live well and prosper. Here are just a few highlights:
Four Week’s Accrued PTO First Year
Ten Paid Federal Holidays
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances
401(k) Plan with Annual Employer Contributions
Reimbursements for Continued Education and Training
Why Graham Technologies?
Our Core Values say it all!
- Value our Customers
- Care about our Employees
- Passionate about Innovation
- Believe in Strong Work Ethic
- Rely on Teamwork
- Integrity Matters
Founded in 2007, GTech is a consulting-services firm that is zealous about providing the best solutions to address our client needs and maximize the value of their investments. One of the ways we do this, is by providing exceptional employees for our clients - whose range of expertise expands the entire IT industry! We’ve cultivated a family of individuals where integrity, commitment, and reliability, are etched into the heart of our delivery teams.
In addition, we are equally zealous about caring for our employees – the lifeblood of our business
! We’ve purposefully created a culture that is friendly, family-oriented, and all-inclusive. Our team members are encouraged to “have a life”, both in and out of the office, through flexible schedules (where available), continuing education, and support to pursue their passions!