(GTech) is looking for a Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) Systems Engineer to work at our customer site in Washington DC.
Graham Technologies is passionate about innovation and we want your help! We believe in each team member having a voice and sharing it to enable both individual and team success. The customer is looking for a candidate who has a strong background in human language technology (HLT) to streamline and enhance operational translation workflows. This includes supporting the integration and administration of Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools that leverage Machine Translation (MT), Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Terminology Management (TMM), Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and other HLT tools and processes. Establish functional and technical specifications and standards in support specific CAT tool requirements. Perform bug fixing/troubleshooting and testing in support of CAT tools, and provide documentation of technical problems and resolutions. Train and prepare users at all levels on basic to intermediate use of tools on regularly scheduled and as-needed basis. Gather customer and end-user requirements to assess the sponsor’s future needs and refine internal requirements (e.g. application enhancements, MT and alignment workflow needs, purchase of additional software licenses, etc.). Contribute to the improvement of the CAT product and workflow development process. Lead technical efforts to transition proven\vetted language technologies into the Sponsor’s production environment.
You'll be happy to know:
Due to the current epidemic this position is currently allowing for employees to work a hybrid schedule.
We're excited about candidates who:
- Has an Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience or knowledge of language-related technologies and CAT tools, such as TM, MT, OCR and associated performance metrics for each.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working as Help Desk support with users to troubleshoot and track issues.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with product knowledge transfer to end users (e.g., ad-hoc and formal train, video and text guides).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience or knowledge to evaluate product and process benefits against business goals and make recommendations for improvement.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with HTML, XML, XLIFF, and varied file formats.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with standard office software (Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working independently as well as in cooperation with a team.
We're also excited about candidates who might have:
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with project management processes and methodologies.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience computational linguistic research community.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with translation skills or knowledge of a foreign language.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience basic scripting and integration skills (Powershell, Perl, RegEx, REST).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with cloud and virtual machine administration techniques
- Possess SDL Certification for Project Managers or Translators, or another CAT tool based certification.
At GTech, we believe in treating every person the way we want to be treated – fairly
. Our compensation package ensures everyone at GTech is given equal pay for equal work — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or even negotiation skills!
Most IT companies can probably offer many of the same services, but what sets us apart from the others, is truly our people
! We care about our employees
and show it often with sincere appreciation and acknowledgement of not only final work products, but the little steps taken along the way! In addition, our generous benefits package helps support our team members to live well and prosper. Here are just a few highlights:
Four Week’s Accrued PTO First Year
Ten Paid Federal Holidays
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances
401(k) Plan with Annual Employer Contributions
Reimbursements for Continued Education and Training
Why Graham Technologies?
Our Core Values say it all!
- Value our Customers
- Care about our Employees
- Passionate about Innovation
- Believe in Strong Work Ethic
- Rely on Teamwork
- Integrity Matters
Founded in 2007, GTech is a consulting-services firm that is zealous about providing the best solutions to address our client needs and maximize the value of their investments. One of the ways we do this, is by providing exceptional employees for our clients - whose range of expertise expands the entire IT industry! We’ve cultivated a family of individuals where integrity, commitment, and reliability, are etched into the heart of our delivery teams.
In addition, we are equally zealous about caring for our employees – the lifeblood of our business
! We’ve purposefully created a culture that is friendly, family-oriented, and all-inclusive. Our team members are encouraged to “have a life”, both in and out of the office, through flexible schedules (where available), continuing education, and support to pursue their passions!