(GTech) is looking for a Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) Systems Engineer to work at our customer site in Washington DC.
Graham Technologies is passionate about innovation and we want your help! We believe in each team member having a voice and sharing it to enable both individual and team success. The customer is looking for a candidate who has a strong background in human language technology (HLT) to streamline and enhance operational translation workflows. This includes supporting the integration and administration of Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools that leverage Machine Translation (MT), Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Terminology Management (TMM), Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and other HLT tools and processes. Establish functional and technical specifications and standards in support specific CAT tool requirements. Perform bug fixing/troubleshooting and testing in support of CAT tools, and provide documentation of technical problems and resolutions. Train and prepare users at all levels on basic to intermediate use of tools on regularly scheduled and as-needed basis. Gather customer and end-user requirements to assess the sponsor’s future needs and refine internal requirements (e.g. application enhancements, MT and alignment workflow needs, purchase of additional software licenses, etc.). Contribute to the improvement of the CAT product and workflow development process. Lead technical efforts to transition proven\vetted language technologies into the Sponsor’s production environment.
We're excited about candidates who:
- Has an Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience or knowledge of language-related technologies and CAT tools, such as TM, MT, OCR and associated performance metrics for each.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience or strong understanding of IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Project Management Framework, project management processes, and methodologies.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with software engineering activities.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with SQL and third/fourth generation languages in the design and implementation of systems and using database management systems.
We're also excited about candidates who might have:
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with program planning, budget, or resource management.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience or knowledge of computational linguistic research community
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with translation skills or knowledge of a foreign language.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience or understanding of computational systems development and integration
- SDL Certification for Project Managers or Translators.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with written and oral communications to include communication with staff at all levels; ability to give effective presentations
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with scientific document writing and editing.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Microsoft Office tool suite.
At GTech, we believe in treating every person the way we want to be treated – fairly
. Our compensation package ensures everyone at GTech is given equal pay for equal work — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or even negotiation skills!
Most IT companies can probably offer many of the same services, but what sets us apart from the others, is truly our people
! We care about our employees
and show it often with sincere appreciation and acknowledgement of not only final work products, but the little steps taken along the way! In addition, our generous benefits package helps support our team members to live well and prosper. Here are just a few highlights:
Four Week’s Accrued PTO First Year
Ten Paid Federal Holidays
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances
401(k) Plan with Annual Employer Contributions
Reimbursements for Continued Education and Training
Why Graham Technologies?
Our Core Values say it all!
- Value our Customers
- Care about our Employees
- Passionate about Innovation
- Believe in Strong Work Ethic
- Rely on Teamwork
- Integrity Matters
Founded in 2007, GTech is a consulting-services firm that is zealous about providing the best solutions to address our client needs and maximize the value of their investments. One of the ways we do this, is by providing exceptional employees for our clients - whose range of expertise expands the entire IT industry! We’ve cultivated a family of individuals where integrity, commitment, and reliability, are etched into the heart of our delivery teams.
In addition, we are equally zealous about caring for our employees – the lifeblood of our business
! We’ve purposefully created a culture that is friendly, family-oriented, and all-inclusive. Our team members are encouraged to “have a life”, both in and out of the office, through flexible schedules (where available), continuing education, and support to pursue their passions!